- For Sale
2100 Shady Grove Rd Providence, NC 27315 Get directions$304,920
- MLS# 52658
- Listed 2 Years 3 Months 30 Days Ago
Hom-A-Gen Farm 84.25 AC, open land approximately 50 AC beautifully established fescue fields, approximately 34 AC of mature forests, 1555' road frontage on Shady Grove Road(St.Rte. 1360), half-mile well-maintained gravel roads, electricity buried on the property, the land slopes away from the road frontage and therefore is extremely private and protected. This beautiful farm of 368.77 contiguous acres is subdivided into 3 sections which can be bought separately. Each section has a gated entrance off Shady Grove Road. Owner Introduction to Hom-A-Gen Farm (provided by Ed Carter) After 40 years living away, my father moved "home again” -- and he named his homeplace “Hom-A-Gen”. We told him no one would know how to correctly pronounce it. But now you know what he meant and why he named it this. I inherited most of the land and, in 1995, bought 13 surrounding properties that totaled 500 acres, creating a contiguous property with outside borders that were 90% covered in mature forests. These forests hid nearly all of the surrounding land from view. I wanted total privacy. I did not want to see cutovers, neighboring homes, and farm buildings, or people. Some of the land inside the borders had once been fields that had been long ago abandoned and allowed to grow up in Virginia Pines. I cleared about 250 acres of abandoned fields and planted them in Fescue and Orchard Grass. Section 5 has sold. 368.77 acres remain for sale.
Exterior and Lot Features
- Road Frontage Type: State Road
- Lot Size Square Feet: 3794947
- Lot Size Acres: 87.12
- Topography: Gently Rolling, Sloping, Stream/Creek, Partially Wooded
- Elementary School: NORTH
- High School: BARTLETT YANCEY HIGH
- Middle School: DILLARD
- Restrictions: .
Other Property Info
- Source Listing Status: Under Contract w/Cont
- Directions: Go to www.hom-a-genfarm.com for details, Take Route 86 South from Danville, bear right on Shady Grove Road, just over the NC line, go down Shady Grove approximately 2 miles, and the entrance to Hom-a-gen Farm Section 3 is on the right
- Source Property Type: Farm
- Other Features: 50-100 acres
- Possible Use: Residential, Single Family, Farm, Dairy, Horses
- Area: North Carolina
- Source Neighborhood: North Carolina
- Property Location: North Carolina
- Zoning: .
- Source System Name: C2C
- Total Electric
- Underground Utilities
- Cable Available
- Phone Available
- Water Source: No Well
Building and Construction
- House Style: Land, Farm, Acreage
|4||North Elementary School||PK-5||1.8 mi|
|2||N L Dillard Middle School||6-8||7.8 mi|
|2||Bartlett Yancey High School||9-12||9.5 mi|
|NA||Epiphany Episcopal Private School||PK-6||4.9 mi|
School data provided by National Center for Education Statistics, Maponics, and GreatSchools. Intended for reference only. GreatSchools Ratings compare a school’s test performance to statewide results. To verify enrollment eligibility, contact the school or district directly.
Property History for 2100 Shady Grove Rd
|Date||Event||Price||Price / Sq ft||Source|
The price and tax history data is obtained from public records and/or MLS feeds from local jurisdiction. Contact your REALTOR® directly in order to obtain the most up-to-date information available.